We are now in Dubai. It was a very long flight but we arrived, wondered around the airport searching for the Emirates Guest Services Desk for our hotel information and from there, wondered around in search of exit #1. As our friends and neighbors described it, it was like a scavenger hunt. We had the blessing of being on the very same flight as our friends/neighbors who are transferring to Australia. It was great to have the opportunity to see them one last time before moving. They have lived across the street from us for the past 5 years. We will miss them dearly!!
We had big plans to sightsee around Dubai but between Earl being sick and none of us sleeping on the flight, we were all exhausted and ready for some rest. I bet we've slept about 12+ hours and needed every bit of it. No doubt the extra rest will pay off in the long run. I'm hoping Earl begins to feel better very soon. He's miserable and we want him at his best come Monday.
It is now 7:10 am, Saturday morning Dubai's time but 9:07 pm on Friday back home, in Houston.We will board the hotel bus for the airport at 9:00am and the flight departs at 11:00 am. We anticipate arriving Guangzhou around 9:45 PM and our guide will be there to drive us to the hotel, Victory on Shamian Island.
This morning's breakfast was great! I love eating breakfast at an international hotel, the spread is great! They offer items such as grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, beans and a wide variety of fruit. I'm not a textbook vegetarian but I do love my veggies!! Of course, they also offer the traditional breakfast items that are found back home and in other countries as well but my favorite is always the veggies. Sterling ate watermelon, non stop. We were thankful for the opportunity to get liquid in him, as the drinks have been limited on the trip.
While it's taking us 2 days to make our way to Guangzhou we are excited to be only hours within arriving there!!! We are already talking about plans to walk the island and stretch our legs for an evening walk, check if Lucy's is still open for a quick bite to eat and unpack and get settled in the hotel room. It will be our home-away-from-home for 15 days so we want to make it as comfortable as possible.
Okay, best close for now. I need to jump into emails and ask the other adoptive families questions we have regarding internet access at the Victory, VPN for internet access in hopes of access our blog while in China and a few other questions.
Only 2 days until we are united with Arabella!!!!! We're very excited but Sterling, oh my goodness, that is all he is talking about..he is signing the word sister and airplane, all-the-time! He woke this morning and his first question was about his sister. He wants his sister now! :-) He is giddy with excitement.
Faith, Love & Happiness




Aaah... loved reading your post. If I can't be there it is always fun to read about others trip.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you, Sharee! Praying you get some much needed rest, and living vicariously through you while I wait, lol!
ReplyDeleteSharee I am so thrilled for you!! Sterling is the cutest. Praying for health for Earl and all of you and for a smooth transition.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Sharee, I'm so excited to follow your journey to that sweet Arabella! Post often! She and Sterling will be a perfect pair! Praying for all of you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it safely. I'm sorry that Earl is sick. I'm praying whatever he has passes quickly and he's back up and running on Monday. He's going to need his strength to chase your 2 babies!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Sheri
Sharee,
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you! Cannot wait! Following along and praying for you all!
With love and prayers,
Tracy W
Keeping your family covered in prayer!! Enjoy Guangzhou it was beautiful. Probably the best part of the trip was the park across from the hotel. So beautiful. If you go to Lucy's get the iced tea. Closest thing to home you can get.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys! Praying from 'Bama for a smooth transition, safety, and a great trip!
ReplyDeleteThe Symasek Family
You must be moments from becoming a forever family- I'll be praying for you, and looking forward to seeing you all together!
ReplyDeleteMaria
matthiaszoo.blogspot.com
Ohhh! I cannot believe you are there!!! So excited for everyone!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking you are holding sweet Arabella in your arms as we speak and closing your eyes at the end of a very exciting, but exhausting first day as a family of 5. The Springing Hope 1:27 group covered you in prayer last night at our meeting. Praying for smooth adjustments for EVERYONE today!!
ReplyDeleteSO glad you made it to China safely and that gotcha day went well! I cannot wait to see pictures and I will continue to pray for you guys! Many blessings!
ReplyDelete