Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Travel Plans Continue!

Well, airline is booked and confirmed.  Earl is working toward booking the hotel this morning.  This time around we are staying on beautiful Shamian Island!  The hotel is inexpensive, the atmosphere is relaxing and beautiful, there is a Christian Church for Sunday morning services, a very nice park to relax, walk and allow the children to play and of course, food at the ever famous "Lucy's Restaurant" that serves American, Chinese and Indian food!  What more can a family ask when away from home for over 2 weeks. 

Now, if only the travel company our agency uses for travel and adoption services within China will provide us the additional information we need.  We contacted them over 2 weeks ago and 4 emails later, we are still in the dark!!  Thank goodness they are not handling our flights and hotel services!!  I'm so thankful Earl is savvy when it comes to international travel both with reservations, comfort level and knowledge when traveling..he's my hero!!  This area is sooo out of my comfort zone, I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to traveling to new places and trying to get there.  :-)  When adopting Sterling, our travel approval came while Earl was in China on a long business trip.  I was so scared to travel by myself, Earl flew home from China (from start to finish was 24 hours) only to turn around the very next day, board practically the same plane and return, with me back to China.  I'm a confident person but I couldn't find the strength to do it alone. 

Okay, I'll report back with more details, once we have them..

Faith, Love & Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment