Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Smell Trouble

We are waiting for our I800 approval to come but yesterday, when calling the USCIS office for a status, the conversation didn't go very well.  The lady answering the phone pulled up our record and confirmed my information.  During the course of our brief conversation, she asked if we paid the filing fee...I went silent.  Filing fee, what filing fee?  Our agency instructed us that due to our situation, there would be no filing fee..at that point, the lady wouldn't answer any further questions and transferred me to another extension..which I figured out, must be the person who "will be" our case manager, once the paperwork arrives to his desk. 

However, during the course of our conversation, she did mention our paperwork shows to be there in the building of the USCIS office but not assigned.  So, fortunately, to date, it hasn't been returned...which as I understand it, the USCIS lock box office will return the paperwork if payment is not made. 

I did leave a message for the officer and explained our situation.  He was kind to return the call but offered no hope.  He said it wasn't on his desk, the lockbox would return the paperwork for lack of payment if there are any fees and that's all he could tell us.

So, we are in a bit of a panic.....according other adoptive parents, the fees should have been paid regardless and according to our agency, no in our situation it does not require fees.  So, we sit and wait for further instructions and all the time, our I800A is very soon, about to expire........<insert deep sigh,here>

Now, it's Tuesday, day 12 and I called again...this time, the officer did confirm our I800 paperwork was in the building (yea) and the person on the phone was our caseworker but didn't know if it was on his desk.
He could only say it's in the building.  Hey, at this point, I'll gladly appreciate hearing, "it's in the building."  YEA--at least it got past the lockbox and into the "official" USCIS building...let's hope that's truly good news!!! 

We are walking on faith and sending up prayers that our I800 approval comes without delay.... if the I800 is returned to us, we are in deep trouble, because our I800A expires, next week.  We will be required to start all over with the Hague/USCIS  paperwork which interprets a lot more money and a lot more time before bringing our beautiful daughter home.

Please be in prayer with us!

Gotta run....lunch is over....

1 comment:

  1. Sharee,

    I'm praying that your papers will be processed in time and your I800a will not expire. Your little one needs to be home with her family!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete