Thursday, October 13, 2011

I800 Status

Very interesting day, today!  First, thank you Lord for Mrs. Dynamic D at our agency and for the China adoption yahoo support groups!!!  Her name omitted to protect the innocent..isn't that what they say on TV?  I don't want to use her name since I didn't ask her about making this post.

Well, early this morning before work, I made a post on a yahoo group regarding our lack of I800 approval and the fact our I800A had expired, while sitting on our caseworker's desk.  Well, Mrs. Dynamic "D" happened to be reading the postings and was alerted when reading our post about the longer-than-average wait for our I800 approval and the "expired" I800A.

She phoned my cell home, our home phone and sent an email.  She wanted to speak with me A-S-A-P!  She was concerned for our family, our daughter waiting for us in China and our paperwork.  She said that while the verbiage in the I800A (or I800) reads that our I800A should still be valid she said there were no "hard fast rules" and it's all in the interpretation (or eyes of the interpreter) and should we travel to China on an expired I800A we could potentially be asking for lots of trouble--trouble to the point that while in China, our daughter's visa would not be issued!!!!!  Can you imagine traveling all the way to China, meeting your daughter (or son) signing the China paperwork that you are now the child's parents and showing up for the swear-in ceremony at the GZ American Consulate but the following day, when it came time to issue the visa to return home with your child, it was rejected???!!!!  I was speechless and VERY THANKFUL to Mrs. Dynamic D for catching this potential problem!!!  (she's awesome)

After leaving us messages on every phone possible she called the USCIS office and left a detailed message for our caseworker.  Well, when he didn't return the phone call, she started to dig deeper.  I'll omit all the details that occurred because I don't want jeopardize our I800 or our agency's representative.

I was on pins and needles waiting for a return call from our agency explaining if our I800A had actually expired, if China or the US Consulate later down the way will accept it as is.....well, at 2:20 the call came!  Good news, our I800A is good to go BUT, since our fingerprints have expired, we MUST be re-fingerprinted.  I was instructed to email our caseworker and request a fingerprint letter to be issued.  I sent this email the moment we got off the phone. 

I never heard back from our caseworker from my phone message 2 days ago or my email sent yesterday but hopefully, he'll respond to our request for our fingerprint letter to be issued. 

So, long story short....our I800 is still in the process of approval, our I800A is still useable and we must be fingerprinted.

It's been a long and mentally exhausting day but I'm so thankful that Dynamic D took notice and among her busy workload she took the time to extend extra help and was proactive!!  I'm also thankful for the wonderful China adoption yahoo groups, they have been a real source of encouragement.

Faith, Love & Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment